About the country
Cyprus has become a very popular location for financial service companies, due in no small part to its low levels of taxation and easy entry requirements. The number of Forex brokers in Cyprus with a base is greater than in any other jurisdiction. CySEC stands for the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, which is the body charged with the regulation of financial services in Cyprus, and the popularity of this location means it’s definitely got its work cut out. Nevertheless, it manages to do a more than reasonable job, and we’ll give you all the pertinent details should you be looking to invest with one of the many CySEC Forex brokers.
About Licensing Body Cyprus
Cyprus offers an optimistic surrounding to set up a forex broker firm. It is a well established and respectable jurisdiction in regards to the issuing of a financial licensing. The follow up of strict rules and regulations implemented by the financial services authority of Cyprus (CySEC – The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission) makes it a very positive environment. Therefore, having a Forex License in Cyprus can prove to be a very positive investment, as it gives your traders the serenity that you are a fully licensed and regulated FX broker in a true and dependable European jurisdiction.
From the Client
- Notarized passport copy (Should be notarized in English – 2 copies)
- Last 3 months utility bill (Should be notarized in English – 2 copies with original)
- Director/Shareholder’s Bank reference letter
- Lawyer’s reference letter
- The copy of educational degree certificate (Should be in English)
- Director/Shareholder’s CV
- Bank statement showing that EUR 125,000(For STP license or Binary options) or EUR 730,000 (For Market Maker license) is in your bank account
Related to the process
- CySEC Application Form
- Bank Application Forms
- AML (Anti Money Laundering) Procedures
- Business Plan
- Financial projection of your business
- Balance sheet with forecast description
- trademark applications, IP Agreements and Domain Name Registration;
- website preparation as well as the preparation or review of any other marketing material.
- assisting with the purchase and negotiations for an MT4 server or any other trading platform required
- assessment, review or testing of the entity’s proposed trading platform;
- assisting with the implementation of Know Your Customer (“KYC”) processes or other compliance procedures.